Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Four step rule

I happen to drop by a couple of sites, that publishes articles on sexism, and women and men's opinion on it in general...reading so many different views, I'm prompted to share my two cents thought here myself...

But before I continue, I will like to state that I am aware whatever I share, will generate mix reactions from readers of different gender...hence, I will like to reiterate the fact that this is just my thoughts, and not influenced by any party...

There is an article that states the men should apply the four step rule, when it comes to opening doors for women...in other words, when a women is four steps behind you, you open the door for her...

But if you ask me, opening doors has nothing to do with gender labeling...I would simply prefer to see it as a form of courtesy and respect...I think it is charming when a guy does that...I appreciate it especially when I'm loaded with a cup of hot coffee and piles of books on my right hand, my handbag and violin on my left...I never saw opening of doors as belittling of gender...in fact, there are some times when a guy does not open a door for a girl, I wonder if the guy is actually aware of her presence behind him...

Why, there was once, when I have so much on my hands...and this ass of a guy in front of me, closed the door at my face...and I was struggling to put my foot in before the door closes...when there was another guy who came out from no where...just to open the door for me...and left for his business...ah, whoever the gal who got this guy...is a lucky one, I must say...

So if anyone wants to promote agenda...I really think opening of doors by guys...doesn't hold much depth...I believe in woman equality...but this is just too much...and not gender related...

No comments: