Friday, April 18, 2008

Nursing an aching heart

Nothing hurts more...than knowing that you have worked so hard...more than you've ever done before...only to have the hard work fly out of the window at the very second you need them...

This will officially be my last post about my graduation recital...as it is almost too painful a subject to talk about...I have learn many lessons today...and I still have a long way to go...

Mr. Arif told me to be strong in embracing what is to come...mentally, I was thinking...what worst could go wrong??...apparently, a lot worse...

The African choir, called to tell me that they won't be able to make it to my graduation recital...yes, the very group that was suppose to sing for one of my songs (it was my first song to go)...and they called me 15 minutes prior to the starting of my graduation recital...apparently, for some reason...they decided to go home...and because it rained cats and dogs in the afternoon, they couldn't attend my graduation recital...hence, there were only three people singing on stage today...not like the group that was planned...

15 minutes prior to my graduation recital...they asked me to go drive them from their houses...or to provide transport for them...of course, I couldn't move from spot...but neither could any of my band mates...so we had to leave it at that...and walk on the stage with a brave front...

'Brave front' so-to-speak...but my mind was broken...there was also a slight misunderstanding... and an important band-mate of mine, was yet to be seen...he too was delayed by the rain...and could not make it on time...

Naturally, I was wrecked...the Bill Evans song that I have prepared and memorized by heart (I assure you, I really did)...became a song of Lessajinomoto's composition...as her mind went blank...too many things happened, and I didn't know how to handle them...

Bad things aside...there were good moments as well...through incidents like these, I have found friends who really cared...who was really encouraging...and these are the moments, I will hold dear at heart...

Band songs was ok...apparently, many enjoyed my version of Rhapsody in Blue...so that was cool...Third Wind...a band-mate of mind forgot some parts, and we got thrown off a bit...but we started and ended together...so that has got to say for something...Wildlife was fine...but it could have been better...it felt slightly empty...lack of voice from the choir...but my three African friends that were there...they really gave their best...and for that, I'm thankful...

Some people said that I was crazy to attempt so many difficult band songs all at one go...I guess in a way they are right...I'm not musically strong yet, to be handling to many tricky songs at a time...and this time it got the better of me...

But it won't be for long...I may not have done so well this time...but I would need to move forward...and I will be back...stronger, emotionally...and musically, for sure...

No comments: