Thursday, April 10, 2008

Epletive Profanities

I recall countless days, when I use to struggle within myself to find words that would describe exactly how I felt...I still do till today...I have been taught from childhood by my parents, that using the word "SH*T!" or "OH MY GAWD" or "D*MN IT!!"...was a taboo...F*CK especially...

I could never really understand why...I mean, just think about it for a while...if one were to knock his/her head on a metal object by accident...and it hurts so bad, that any movement would aggravate it...would "Ouch" suffice the frustration of being in such bad luck...and the pain?...If one, planning to rush to a destination finds him/herself stuck in a 2.5km traffic jam and no U-turns...would "Oh, that is just too bad" be enough to tame the raging tempest billowing inside you?...

I remember the first time when I was innocently accused of such a crime...I was in primary 6 then...sitting in the car, along with my family...parents and 2 other brats...when it came...The Smell...and you'd better believe it...in a small car, The Smell can be pretty deadly, especially when there are 5 people sharing the same amount of oxygen and air...

Then I had to open my big mouth..."Who FARTED??"....

An even deadlier silence...

My dad bellowed his baritone voice with full force..."What did you say??!!!...Don't you ever let me hear you say that word again, you hear me!!...APOLOGIZE!!"

Hey, man...what did I do??...Confused me meekly apologized and kept quiet throughout dinner trying to understand what had just happened...I then comforted myself by saying that probably my dad...parents...mis-heard me...and thought I have used the F word...I never thought of claiming my rightful innocence, though...the thought of my dad looking down at me with his beetly thick eyebrows and his look piercing into my brain...was more than I could bear...

My second encounter was when a friend of mine from secondary school went to Kuala Lumpur for a shopping treat...she happened to drop by the French Connection United Kingdom shop...yes, she was that rich...this sweet young thing, brought back for me a magazine, with its initials on it...Unfortunately, I loved the pictures from this magazine so much, I cut it out, and paste it on my room wall...and there behold...for all men and women to see, young and old...was a couple of FCUK hanging on my wall...man, I never thought my mum could lose her marbles that much...

To the ears of the older generation and more conservative people, I guess all this usage of expletive is unnecessary...personally, I think it is ok to use it as a means of expression...unless you are saying it towards a person, which I then will say is rather rude...Otherwise, I wouldn't see it as a crime...

I am aware that some people, for the sake of not getting into trouble with the older generation...changes these profanities with a simple vowel...say, when someone is tempted to say "SH*T!"...they will change it to "SHOOT!!" instead..."F*CK" to "FUKE"...but why all the trouble??...They can say SHOOT/FUKE all they want...but all of us knows that they mean SH*T/F*CK...what difference does it make?...ah, this is just my point of view anyway...no offense to anyone at all...*grin*

But I will have you know, though..and I would like to make it clear now...as much as I can take such profanities...God help you, if you were say "F*CK you" in my face...with or without the attitude...I will hurt you so much, you will wish that you didn't...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updates : My 'carrot' is still hanging there after all...well, I did lose RM20 this afternoon for a 3 second fleeting thought of failure...but I think I have made considerable progress...wouldn't you agree??..hehe...lets see how I fare tomorrow...

No comments: