Tuesday, April 22, 2008

There is life after exams after all

I have officially started my long awaited semester break...which I oh-so-deserve...just to make sure that I am not whiling my time away, I have constructed a plan on how to make full use of my 2 weeks break...

So, the following list will last me two whole weeks...yes, I only have two weeks break, unlike those summer breaks in US which is 3 months long!!...

Here it goes...

1. SLEEP
You didn't get me wrong...sleep...with no alarm clocks attached...snuggle in bed till 12:30pm (musician's time)..For all the hours of hard work I have put into my numerous projects, and practicing on the piano...for the infinite times when I had to force my eyes open...battling sleep mode...while sitting in a comfortable air-conditioned room with my piano...

Hibernation is the key...Bears hibernate in the winter to conserve energy...we should too!!...In fact, sleep in the whole day would be great!!...sleeping till the hours turn to two digits...pack a load full of food and place them by my bedside...so I need not have to get up...except for nature calls...

2. DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT
Anything that is out of the routine...bungee jumping (which I promise you, I will definitely get to it before I hit the big 3-0)...take a latin dance class...sky-diving...back-packing...

For me, I will be doing some snorkeling this weekend over a back-packing trip...and after that, it will be ceramic painting for the next couple of months!!...haha...ceramic painting...a new hobby to add to my list...but rest assured, I won't be abandoning my other hobbies...I'm just done with cross-stitching...I've got a couple more patterns to go, but I can only get to that when I drop by the sewing shop to purchase more threads...and my books...it is getting more than enough attention from me alright...the feeling of euphoria when one fills one's mind with imagination...I wonder if its the same with smoking weed...

There are so many more things that I wanna do...but I guess I will have to learn to space it out...I realized that I could plan so much, but once I'm bound by a full time job, studies or other commitments, all these plans are futile...

So my next plan;...back-packing to Australia end of this year!!...(to be updated)...

3. EAT ALL YOU WANT
I don't know about you...but I find freedom and liberty in food...I live to eat...Being in an institutional confinement for so long (3 years to be exact)...has made me feel like a refugee...having a group of people made to sit in a training-chambers and forced to do the same thing is a sin...but having said that, I guess it is a small price to pay, in an exchange for knowledge...

But having been in a concentration camp (with slight liberation), they call college, I am entitled to enjoy my freedom with reckless gluttony!!...Heck with cholesterol levels and blood pressure...we only live once...I might as well live short, and have enjoyed myself...then to have live long, but practicing restrain all the time...Enjoy all the dark belgium chocolates that I have deprived myself of...drown in over-flowing coffee, that I once put a stop to...

Now, that would be such a psychological release...not to mention therapeutic too...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Realized that there is no mention about music...or even practicing in my list...ah, never mind...for these two weeks only...

No mention about catching up with abandoned friends too!!...my bad...I will catch up with them...that is a vow...but for now, I prefer to be selfish...and dwell in 'sinful luxuries'...

No comments: