Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Random Thoughts

I had to go home just last Sunday, back to Ipoh for a family dinner...darling boyfriend drove me to the train station...and since I was still way ahead of schedule, I decided to drop by TimeSquare for a stroll...

As expected, I dropped by the Borders bookstore...flipped through some magazines...for the life of me, I can't remember the title of the magz...but they were supposedly the gossip breeding ground for famous actors...

Paris Hilton talks about her boyfriend, gushing..."He makes me laugh. The whole world is better, and we are happier than ever."...erm...was that just a laughter of disbelieve in my head or what...I wonder why...

Jennifer Aniston has a new boyfriend...I'm happy for her...she seems like a nice person...with REAL FAULTS...but nice enough...and pretty hair too...

Sped read through the books, entitled "Malaysia's Political Tsunami"...this guy at the counter was almost pressing me to buy it...singing its praises to the highest heaven, so I decided to give it a try...reading only...

Poor Abdullah...I wouldn't want to be in his place...I admire the fact that he is trying to create a clean corrupt-free government...but alas, the setting of the government before, is to big a task to change...

The book was basically anti-Prime Minister Abdullah...and I, who have to confess, does not know the entire story and the ins and outs of the government...refused to comment and critic on this...

Reading those couple of books alone, took me 1 hr 45 minutes...had lunch...and came up with the wildest idea...

The distance from TimeSquare to the bus-station, where I would catch my bus back...was 1.5 kilometers away...It was 12pm sharp...noon...where the sun was piercing right through the sky unmercilessly...and it was blardy humid and hot, compared to the fully air-conditioned stores I was sitting in...

Not sure if I was in the right mind...I decided to walk...to the bus station...heat, sweat and all...I had time to spare anyway...and besides...my left brain wouldn't listen to my right...

Started my mission...passed by a traffic light...I saw a traffic camera hiding behind one of those trees...damn, I most probably missed it, when I was flying through the yellow traffic light last time...wonder when the summon would reach me...hopefully, they don't freeze my car license and road tax...

Walked on the pavement...switch sides of roads, depending on where the shadows are...awfully dangerous actually...when there are so many cars...happened to be near a puddle of water, caused by a leak from a fire hydrant nearby...A bus came...and happily drove over the brilliant black-looking water...on me...I managed to dodge...but not fast enough...shoes suffered sufficient damage...BLARDY ^*$)(#*@^#%*@! DRIVER!!!...I had to deal with soggy socks, and well pruned-like feet by the time I reached the bus...

Buses were lined up one by one...even at 500 meters before reaching the bus-station...expelling gas fumes, and my life being considerably shortened...I made it to the bus-station...and exchange those gas fumes with thick ciggie smokes in the air...

It is a scene of the 'survival of the fittest' there...I literally had to be inconsiderate and rude...push my way through the crowd to get to the ticketing counter...and managed to secure a seat

Climbed up a bus...a perfectly well build man, with two hands and legs...was going seat to seat begging for money...I felt mean, having to push him away...but seeing that he is completely able-bodied, there is no way he could not find a job...a janitor/dish-washer to start with??...or a bus-ticket seller??...

Transnational Bus company, was declared one of the safest bus to ride on...for long distance traveling...well, personally, I'm not too sure about that...so far, I've noticed...EVERY BUS speeds...faster than a car, even...geez, these people have even given monthly bribe to the police traffic group, so that they NEVER get a summon on the highway!!...And as grand-looking as Transnational Bus may seem, their seats suck...they seem to get our body anatomy all wrong...cushion for the head too thick, that when I sat on the seat leaning my head on it, I looked as if I was doing a small act of bowing...had back-ache after that...

Soggy and stinky socks, old-pruned feet and a back-ache...all the way home...damn it!!

No comments: