Saturday, May 17, 2008

"Western Food"

Only people in Malaysia, that has not stepped outside this sorry country, would actually think that the Western food offered in a nearby mamak/coffee shop is relatively acceptably and edible...honestly...

I have a college mate all the way from America, by the name of Ryan...who looks at the soggy fried bacon with limpy french fries with distaste...he gives the exaggerated look of horror...made quotation marks in mid-air and says, "Yeah...'Western food'."...and sadly, I would have to agree...

My boyfriend and I just visited a restaurant that boast of western food, just the night before...he had smoked chicken, while I blissfully ordered what they would call 'Baked cheese Seafood'...I imagined yummy mussels, with prawns, and slices of fish...and entertain myself with some good imagination of how it would look like, will waiting for my order to come...

We were talking about phone radiation, when my order came...looks like lasagna, at first sight...my boyfriend took the liberty of officiating it...one look at his face, was all it needed to tell me how it tasted like...

Tasted like broth without salt...

Looked like over-cooked baby oatmeal...

Smelled like baby vomit...

And to make it worst...there was only one mussel, and one not-so-fresh-prawn, and two crab sticks...the rest was...broth...and uncooked eggs...eww!!!...Thank goodness I had a large cup of orange juice to wash down the taste...

It was a slow ride of agony...if it wasn't for the RM15.90 I had to pay, I would have chosen to starve...luckily I had boyfriend...he shared quarter of my pain!!...*grin*...never will I be adventurous and order food of this sort...ever...

Goes to show...do not attempt to pull of something one is not good at...Western Food is one of them...

No comments: