Monday, May 19, 2008

Malaysia - The Land of Possibles

It has suddenly just dawn upon me, on how unique our(my) government seems to handle issues 'when it matters'...since the election on the month of March till now, there has been non-stop ministerial-poking that is really getting into me. Till now, I have not found constructive evidence to prove to myself other than the fact that our government ministers never seems to address the issues at hand. They appear to just put on a mini-skirt and dance a jig around them, hoping that problems will somehow blow over...do allow me to proof my point...

So, there was a report that crime rates have increased in year 2007...so, what does our government have to say to that??..."Install CCTVs in all crime-prone areas."...they say that it would help watch out for criminal activities...if you ask me, video cameras only do good AFTER the crime happens, when there is a need to catch the criminal...it DOES NOT curb nor lower crime rates...besides, ever thought of spending the RM5.1 billion on increasing labour pay for our policemen, and giving them good training...putting able-thinking policemen to patrol crime-prone areas??

So, traffic accidents being frequent, does not paint a good picture of our government...so they spend our tax-payers $$$, to install cameras all over the place to take pictures of traffic offenders. What about using our precious money on raising awareness among drivers and stripping driving ed-centres for not educating the drivers properly??...How about 'screwing' the arses of the people in PUSPAKOM, who took lightly their responsibility of making sure all heavy motor vehicles are in working order and road-worthy?...

So, our politicians say that our youngsters need someone to look up to...forget Tun Mahathir, or Abdullah for being a legend...forget about instilling in young people, the essence of self-worth (getting a good education, passionate pursuit of goals, etc)...our government throws in millions to send this boy into space ONLY as a participant (visitor), and spending another half a million trying to convince us to dream of an astronaut...

Corruption is a problem to us, you say...Not any more!!!...our government has just came up with an ace formula...spend some billions of money printing a few hundred thousand stickers and flags that says "SAYA ANTI-RASUAH" ( I am an anti-corruption) and stick them on their uniforms, badges, police station windows, walls and ceilings...and corruption problem is bound to vanish...hmm...I wonder if our government has just came out of pre-school...or, if they ever thought that WE, the citizens have just graduated from pre-school...

What I'm trying to prove here is this :...I feel that our(my) government seems to think that everything can be proved and bought through money...to prove one is more holier than thou, he builds great number of mosques...to create good toilet-habits, they invest money (RM400k)to invent a self-functioning, fully automated toilet (only one of a kind)...one that will automatically open your door after a 15 minute use...for that kind of money spend and the kind of price charged (RM1 per entry), I would hope that it will help me wipe my arse too...

Enough rants...I don't want to sound whiny all the time...even though there are times that I am...and it is at those times that I'm thankful that I have such a patient boyfriend...*grin*

No comments: