Monday, May 19, 2008

Without Focus

It is beyond my comprehension, how many writers, can think of an original idea or new subjects to write about on a daily basis...That is one of the clear signs that cast me aside from being a writer...I just can't imagine myself coming up inspired so often...

With all complete honesty, my method of seeking inspiration, is really lame...I try to observe drama outside of my normal hundrum life...which is hard, I tell ya...but I'm sure nobody wants to hear my daily rants about my 'blardy' kids and coming in and out of college...I devour newspapers, to see if there is any topic that I can share my opinions on...I stare...at random objects...You'd be surprise how hard that can be...to stare at something, to the point that you are not thinking any more...to the point, where you have cleared things that clutters your mind...so that you can think clearly once more...I don't have that kind of patience...but the result, I must say...is really rewarding...

These past few days, I'm not able to write on impulse anymore...I used to get plenty of ideas, and can't wait to get home to share my thoughts on this blog..I can't write anymore, without wondering if I got some spelling write, or if I missed a semi-colon here and there...I hate it when that happens...Punctuation seems to have a way of getting on the way of my train of thoughts...it slows me down, and an idea is lost...how discouraging...but that is not to say that I intend to quit blogging all together...No, not at all...I guess that even a short span of 5 days abandoning my blog...it is hard to get started again...

I want to write without stopping...on a daily basis, without any reservations...I want to write about anything...even on things that does not inspire me...on random ideas, on words, things I do not know about...that adds a great challenge that I would love to live up to...that will force me to get out of my comfort zone once in a while...and make me face the tough reality out there...a quote, a poem, a song...

I guess it is easier said than done...I will just have to start writing again...and write non-stop...till I come to the point that I can ramble off, without the concern if I am filling my writing with bombastic words...without the concern if I have just made a grammatical error there...until writing for me, is effortless...that I need not even need to stop, to correct a punctuation...

No comments: