Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Dash of Humour

I was pissed off today...as one of my students, despite being dropped off by her parents half an hour before her lesson, was 15 minutes late to my class...and even then, I had to hunt for her...turns out, she was playing....which I'll have you know...this isn't the first time...

Dead angry...I have never in my life raised my voice towards a kid, in public...but today, I have broken that record...and yes, I'm back to anger management class, don't worry...I shouted angrily (not with my full strength, but enough for other kids to drop their toys and stay quiet for a while)...and summoned them to my studio room...

Still irritated at this disrespect, after their lesson...I walked out of the room only to bump into their mother...I shared with her my dissatisfaction with her...and her response was...

"Teacher, next time they do that, feel free to punish them...give them more homework or something, and make them stay back...don't worry...I will be ok with that..."

Believe it or not, I laughed...NON-STOP...

Dear parent,
I am being honest with you...if this is any news to you...making your child stay back an extra time...that is more of a punishment for ME, than it is for your child...

Yours sincerely,
Lessajinomoto
Teacher of your dreaded child...

No comments: