Friday, May 23, 2008

Making of A Hyprocondriac

OCUTeD = Obsessive, Compulsive, Unnecessary Tension Disorder...

Ok, so what if you know that it is not a definite, theoretically proven disorder and does not exist in the Medics Bible...so what if I made it up a couple of minutes back...but if there is such disorder, I have it...and at an extreme...

Supplementary exam was suppose to be today...I checked it two weeks back...wrote it on my notebook just in case...yet, I have this fear, that I could have mis-read the exam date...mixed up the days...missed my exam somehow...and this paranoia has gotten so acute, that I am constantly checking the exam schedule online...whenever I can...and even that, I am still not convince...there was one day, while I was driving, my thoughts about this exam and the same worries came back to me again...I drove like one of the arse drivers I keep complaining about...just to rush home, and put my head at ease...a compulsive disorder?...you be the doctor...

Water taps, not being closed tightly...ceiling fan not switched off...cupboard door not shut...a part of me registers that I have done all the above...but yet, I find myself worrying that I could have missed something...and I'm constantly going to my room to check...it gets annoying soon enough, especially when it makes me late for classes at times...but on the other hand, it was good exercise going up and down the stairs...

I keep bills, so that I am able to keep an account of my daily spendings...I close and balance my account every night...sometimes in the morning...to ensure that I do not forget any little petty cash that I might have spent...yet, after closing my account for the day, my brain is still in active mode, thinking back if there is anything I could have missed out...yea, compulsive disorder...

But all this fears and paranoia are unnecessary...I know...but tell that to my brain!!...I can't get it to sit still just yet...and it is driving me nuts!!....

On another note, Mahathir's resignation from UMNO has caused a chaos and an underground current in the party in itself...while many people supports his act...and calls it his 'best card played'...there are many people yet skeptical and fearful on the outcome and the impact it has on the party...

In my opinion, while it is not up to me to say for sure if Mahathir's move is right...I must say that UMNO seems to be playing the wrong cards all the time...when this whole havoc started, UMNO threatened action against 'party-hoppers' who dares step into the Opposition party...that, is well taken and accepted...if the UMNO chooses to act that way, so be it...yet, they open their doors to 'party-hoppers' from the Opposition party!!....It bites them back in the arse, don't you think??...First the blogging issue, and now this...while other people are fighting to ensure that animals don't go extinct...some people fight for Human Rights...Malaysia government fights to see who gets more people in their party...and who will be the bloopers...

No comments: