Monday, July 21, 2008

"Why So Serious?" - The Joker

I'm taking my own sweet time, reading through "Things That Must Not Be Forgotten" by Michael David Kwan...History fascinates me...I love contemplating about the psychology of it all...How a leader approached a certain situation...make a certain decision...and how human greed/kindness has surpass it all...changing the course of history...amazing...I really like it...I love unpredictability...I hate it when I find myself already knowing the direction of the story, even before it is unfold...and in doing so, I ruin the plot for myself...

Which was why I thought that the plot for The Dark Knight was marvelous!!...I decided to take a stroll in a nearby shopping mall for a change...was stuck in my room sweating my blessed pores out the whole of yesterday...the damn weather was that hot...and at the same time, I decided to pay the cinema a visit...felt weird just purchasing A ticket...usually, I buy two...that is until my boyfriend left...

I was wondering if I did the right thing...I was afraid that I would be putting myself in a position, where it will suddenly make me realize how much I miss him...the vulnerability that I might feel...the thoughts that may go through my head...

Just in case you didn't know...clowns freak me out...live ones or puppet...the only clown that I can look straight in the eye and laugh...is Krusty the Clown from Simpsons...but that's about it...so I guess you can understand the shivers I got, just looking at the late Heath Ledger's portrayal of Joker...

I realized that it is a common string of clowns when it comes to Batman movies...first it was the Penguin, by Danny Devito, followed by the Riddler by Jim Carey...I remember putting a blanket over my head, everytime I see the Penguin appear...my dad used to tease me, about how action and gory movies are wasted if I didn't allow myself to be scared by them...how incredibly helpful...well, that was when I was a kid...

I'd never thought that the late Heath Ledger would be included in my list of Versatile Actors together with Johnny Depp and Edward Norton...I've seen his movies before...and...oh well...it was entertaining enough...but its not something that I will remember him by...until his Joker character (ala Hannibal Lecter) came along!!...

I don't want to spoil the movie for those who have yet to watch it, as it will deprive them from the experience...so I will try to keep the spoilers to myself...but the plot was good, though not in-line with the comics...what I loved most, was the twist in the plot, that got me glued to my seat...the geniuses that kept me guessing, and wondering how the conclusion would be...brain stimulation...and it wasn't the typical hero and heroine happily ever after sequeal....I have got to applaud the movie director for having the guts to take the heroine off the show....(oops, I just leaked a spoiler here)...so, yes...it does have an occasional 'funny' moments, where scenes does not look natural...but heck, I even thought that it was worth the pangs of bowel pain, from holding my pees!!...

Let me re-assure you that I am not giving credit to the late Heath Ledger out of pity's sake...and I am not disregrading Danny Devito's Penguin, nor Jim Carrey's...all of them are equally good...heck, Penguin still gives me the shivers when I think of his black round eyes, popping out of his round face, and pointed nose!!

Its been a great two years of non-stop super hero movies...from Iron Man, Batman, Fantastic Four, X-Men, The Hulk, Spider Man...I wonder what is next...can't wait!!

No comments: