Sunday, July 6, 2008

There and Back again...

I have to confess that I have not be deligently blogging as much as I would want to...I wasn't busy, actually...its just that, these couple of days, have been an emotional topsy turvy one for me...and I just wanted to keep myself in check...blogging would just force me to come to terms with what I feel...and that is one emotional bucket to big for me to handle...

My boyfriend just left for Tasmania, Australia yesterday night...so you can imagine the farewells, we went too...dinners, 'yum cha'(s) and all...the last farewell that we had...was steamboat cum BBQ right at Seri Kembangan...along with his closest friends from high school...

Just in case you are wondering what it is, this is not the riverboat variety that you may normally see...its not a steamboat either, as the Americans would understand that to be...rather it is a pot of boiling cauldron of soup, heated constantly by gas stove fire...if you are lucky, you get to heat it with charcoal, which just makes the soup taste unbelievable...

Consumers will then proceed by shoving in pieces of raw food (prawns, fish, meat, veg, noodles of any kind), and allow it to cook....and while waiting...consumers then can lie down and relax for a spot of tea, and exchange of conversation...all for the price of RM21.90 per pax...reasonable, is it not?...

A friend of mine, Boodyboy...may disagree...and I guess he has a point to it...his argument, was basically this..."Why are we paying a hell lot of money for food that is RAW and UNCOOKED...and still, we end up having to cook it ourselves?"...that poor dude stands by his principle that if we must pay that high a price (usual bowl of noodles would cost RM4.50), we must at least be properly served...instead of standing, and perspiring our blessed souls till the cows come home...waiting for a couple of measly baby squids to be cooked...

I enjoy participating in steamboat actions a lot...yes, so I may be sweating my natural juices off., more than I would like...and my hair stinks and smells of gunk...I am more busy cooking, then I am eating...I end up burning more than half of the food that I am cooking (it is a steamboat cum BBQ set)...but ah, observing how the guys' cooking skills are put to the test...and having a good laugh at their expense was more than worth it...

Boodyboy ended enjoying the ice-cream more than the process of cooking itself...I don't blame him...it took him a lot of guts to put his manly principles aside, and come to enjoy the company. I think my boyfriend finished more than one plateful of squids...he loves it that much...while I stuck to fishballs and veg...easiest to cook...and fastest too...*grin*...the rest, ah, I just waited for my boyfriend to place it on my plate...yes, I know...I am a bitch...do I look like I care??...Last chance for me to lavish in his care...and enjoyed being pampered...might as well make the most of it...hehe...

So, how am I dealing with his departure??...well, I am trying to work more...and be extra committed to my teaching, giving my students extra classes...just so I am able to fill my time...I am staying out of shopping malls and cineplexes, as it brings back memories...and I am not sure I am brave enough to handle them...trying to take this time to catch up with old friends as well...hopefully time passes by fast...I miss talking to him, though...and I really, really miss his company...thank God for online communication technology...if not, I wouldn't have survived this long without losing it...

Of course, if anyone else has other suggestions...do feel free to drop a line...*grin*...

No comments: