Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Handling the Moron...

I guess everyone suffers through it at least ONCE...they grit their fingers, itching to dig their non-existent claws into something...and rummage right through it...

Well, now its my turn...

And no, I'm not referring Chicken Pox here...though God knows that I'd rather take that then what I have to go through now...give me itch, give me fever!!...even a plague of locusts are negotiable...anything but this...

Hands up, all you people who has gone through the pains of being swarmed with computer viruses and their annoying gang!!...


I've been suffering the computer flu for about 48 hours now...some idiot has injected a virus, in one of the software that I happen to be downloading...a pop-up came, telling me a virus alert and advising me to download a spy-ware removal, that will be able to remove the blardy thing...and being the complete moron that I was...I clicked YES...


Turns out, it was a bogus virus alert pop-up...and in clicking that stupid button, I have willingly committed a computer suicide...allowing tonnes of trojans, and wachamacalits, into my hardware drives...the hardware drives icon completely disappeared from My Computer...which means, I have to manually do a Run to find my Drive C:...oh, it still exist...just difficult to locate...the stupid virus has hidden it from view...if it wasn't to my Boyfriend, it would have taken me light-years to find it...


You know what is the factor that usually causes computer problems to worsen?...Computer solutions especially offered by family members...especially those who pretend to know computers when they are actually worst of than me...the great PRETENDERS...


Take my grandma for example...


Belonging to the ice-age...my grandma knows head nor tail about the computer...heck, she is even illiterate!!...but being the domineering and difficult person that she is...she has got to stand right beside me, eyeing my every move while I was struggling to figure out what went wrong with the computer...I don't remember now, what was the problem...I just recall clicking through a few program files, trying to look for a document that apparently got 'misplaced'...and the computer sorta hanged...

But grandma, seems to think that problems can be solved, by banging on the computer keyboard...(Now, she takes to banging the telephone down, everytime the 'engaged' buzz comes along...literal destruction...)

She tells me, "
Press this one and that"..."Your computer is useless, get a new one.."

Like what Murphy Laws say..."When the tough gets going, UPGRADE"

She also helps herself, by banging into the keys, which I'm sure she has absolutely no idea what she is doing...

And I used to think, "Hey lady...leave the technology to the geniuses, will ya?!"

Then SPOOFF!!...the computer monitor suddenly goes blank...and then there was a moment of golden silence...I look at her, and she at me...

And she quirps, "I think I hear my phone ringing in my room..." and heads up-stairs...

Well, lady...for a person your age...your hearing seems to be magnificent!!...heesh...


Ah, that was years ago...


Right now, I need to go about reformating the computer...which once again, I wouldn't have a single clue...if my boyfriend didn't send me a 100 page email instruction about it...

I seriously think I need to spend more time understanding my computer...but on the other hand, by the time I have finally understood my computer, it is a high chance that my computer is completely obsolete, belonging to the walls of the National Museum...and I'll have to start all over again...


*sigh*

Ah, well...at least for now, I've got something to blame on when I'm not able to finish my projects...


"Sir, the computer ate my homework!!"

No comments: