Friday, March 20, 2009

I believe in CHANGE...

To the leaders of Malaysia,

Last year, President of USA, Barack Obama made a moving speech, on the 'Change We Need'...Though I live at the other end of the world, I too, would echo his words, as I too believe in change...many will say that I am pretty naive and idealistic to even hope for one...some have even advised that "This is the reality of life...accept it...life will be less disappointing when you do"...well, I have not lived through life long enough to be broken-spirited (yet)...*fingers crossed*...so as long as there is still breath left in me, I will continue to hope...

I must confess, though...that there are many a times when things seemed all too depressing, and beyond help...makes me wonder, if hanging on to my stands and principles in life, were of any good...so far, they have brought me ridicule...of course, for my own self, I earned self-respect...but in general, it tested my faith...and I find myself standing on shaky ground...

Our beloved country is in crisis...the leadership transition has never been this crucial...whomever is chosen, will either lead us to great success...or drown us in a gut-wrenching sea of chaos...Democracy is hanging by a thread as it is...everyday, newspaper are filled with certain politicians being accused of money-politicking...bribery...all obvious moves to bring down one's opponent...to tear down the integrity of your fellow mate, whom you once called friend...

Its a jungle out there, in the political world...one that I would never comprehend, nor would I be interested to...but our land of glory needs a clear direction...she needs to hear the shouts of war...fighting to overcome the financial tsunami that has hit her fellow children...The recent economic depression has led to much social unrest...I do not think we need dosage of political adventure in our daily lives...watching you amuse yourself with petty arguments and differences when clearly, you should be looking out for common interest...and for your people who is in need of your help...

Hence, here is my plea...

We want to hear of concrete evidence and wise actions of our leaders on getting on top of the economic downturn...we want to be assured that we are able to fend of the effects...and survive the darkess hour...United, we stay strong...Divided, and we become weak...as we have yet to recover from the hit, dwelling on the past and dealing political cards for a win is hardly helpful...

So the UMNO presidential meeting would be coming up next week...but before any cabinet is established, whatsoever...it is in my opinion, that the government is in need of a good detoxification before it can function as one body...literally, an internal cleansing...starting from the top...

Yes, I am asking that the leaders of Malaysia hit a growth spurt, and start taking their jobs seriously...I would want to hear more about our economy, and less about the foolish pussies that has nothing to do, but to pick a racial card...and start throwing members out of the Parliament...

If I were to come clean, I will tell you that I am on the brink of slipping into skeptical hopelessness...as I watch tensely from the bench...I am constantly fighting the tempation within myself...the temptation to forgo all hope...and live a life void of all emotions...but as much as I may rant and complaint about my country...I am still willing to stand for Malaysia...and all that it represents...

No comments: