Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Parody of A Royal High-Mess...

[ Legal Disclaimer : A long-winded post below...It started as a short one, but that was during the pre-heat...whatever that is written follows..is a 'once-in-a-while-brewing-steam' moment..if there is anything I wrote,that one may find offensive,or incorrect, I would appreciate it if you will let me know..if not, bear with me..]

I have not written much about my point of view as far as Malaysia's political turmoil is concern...

Reasons being :
1. I've not been following the political news of late for a few months now...therefore, I dare not write in detail nor comment any further, just in case I may have missed a bit of news, that could bring me into shame later on...

2. If you noticed, my rants about Malaysia politics are usually about the foolishness and stupidity of the politics...and sometimes the obviously biased rule/statement made...I rarely would complain about the changes made in the Malaysia's NEP (New Economic Policy), etc...being frank, I must confess that I can hardly remember nor understand fully the inner dealings of the government...whatever I know about the governmental policies, are either 'sped-read' in the newspaper, or hearsay...both, which I feel cannot be considered as factual...

Reasons for not following political news :
1. It sickens me to the guts to see how the operation works...the government intertwined and laced with very strong, arsenic hints of money exchange...

2. I've never heard of any positive news about the government's handling since last year's general election back in March...the politicians, I feel...has forgotten its people...they are just merely taking the seats for the power and integrity...hence, all the slandering, back-stabbing, name-callings...completely childish and immature...and if I may add...somewhat depressing...

3. News from other countries were more interesting, not to mention, inspiring...the heated election of the US presidency, for example...the historical moment...the Israel-Gaza war...not that it is inspiring, but it sparked off concerns of the heart...and distracted me from my country's state of wretchedness...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've always considered myself a Penang-nite...and yes, that was out of bias-ness...I was born in Penang, and raised in Penang throughout my childhood years...so the very making of me, started in Penang...for my brothers, it is a different story altogether...I was almost 12 years of age, when my dad shifted us to Ipoh...by then, while I was approaching juvenile age and tendencies, my brothers were merely micro-toddlers, good for sitting on...

But having said all that, I have spend all my teenage life in Ipoh, Perak...I have found in it, life-long friends to grow up with...good memories to keep, bad ones to toughen me up...the place was not all that great, in terms of food and government...but it was home...

Hence, I felt completely short-changed with the recent political scenario in Perak...

We were governed by the opposition, PKR (People's Justice Party) for almost 10 months now...sure, there were many issues of disagreement...of money laundering within a one or two members of the Parliament...while I'm sure nobody agrees to any of that act, we are willing to close an eye...as I believe we have one goal...as Barack Obama would say..."A Change We Need"...

We have been long under the hands of BN (Barisan National)...and we have seen little progress in Perak so far...it is still under-developed...and while our nature's beauty is still very much 'intact', we have been extremely side-lined when we come to the issue of economy...

On paper and report, Perak have been allocated gazillions of money...but as a fellow Perak, besides a conventional fly-over, over-loading of useless street decor over the past 8 years...I've yet to see how the money is spent...Oh ya, silly me...there is one ENORMOUS multi-million dollar building that was errected years back, to bring together all the government offices...it now sits as a white elephant...completely empty and abandoned...they have since shifted...a great display of how unorganized the previous Perak government was...

So, we wanted change...and in the latest election, the opposition won 31 seats in Perak (someone please correct me, if I'm mistaken)...and Barisan National won 28 seats... close competition, but a clear one nevertheless...

Note : for exact chronology of events, check out this site...

And just a few days ago, we lost it again...Jamaluddin and Osman, both PKR representative and members of the Parliament from Behrang and Changkat Jering respectively, went missing for a couple of days...before re-appearing to announce their intention of going solo independently...only to pledge loyalty to Barisan National several days later...

For your additional information, these two froggies, were facing 16 corruption charges worth RM180 million just last year itself...if you ask me, it is my wildest guess that Barisan National offered them complete pardon and million dollars more, if they were to hop over and belch/croak their loyalty to them...sounds completely familiar, doesn't it?...and it becomes even more convincing, now that they have done their disappearing act again...by not showing up for their trial today...probably in hiding, until the heat is over, and BN to erase their name of the black books?...(the latest news, just hot off the oven...the corruption case, which was scheduled three days from now has been postponed to June 15...haha...now am I right, or am I not??)

Anyway, one of our trusted politicians of Perak, have done her disappearing act too...I'm really ashamed to say, that Missing In Action, seems to be a common practice among people messing in the government...Ms. Hew Yit Foong, another PKR representative and exco could not be contacted, just after Chinese New Year, creating much speculation about her 'jumping ship' and joining the BN...for an extra sum of money, of course...The same old story...resigning with the 'sincerest' intention to become an independent...and was found happily shaking hands and sitting side by side with the BN...

Her action was the last straw, that caused our opposition government to topple and fall...in situations like these, one would have expected the Sultan to hold fresh state re-election once more...but much to our disappointment, we were dead wrong...Not only did our Sultan Azlan Shah refuse a state re-election, he gave consent and support to the formation of a new government by BN, when the existing government has not been resolved...to add insult to injury, a new state representative has been officially selected and sworned in (all in less than 12 hours) while the existing one is still in office!!...

This is a complete mockery to our intelligence, I tell ya!!...I have had Malaysian Studies during my college days, and I have learn that State Representatives can only be removed by State Assembly by a no-confidence vote or via the dissolution of the whole State Assembly...(man, hard to believe that all the countless hours wasted in the college lecture hall actually paid off!!..*grin*)...

BN, completely lacking in originality...is buying Anwar's (PKR opposition leader) previous idea, when he encouraged what I would call, 'political hopping'...only difference is, in their desperation, BN revised it a bit to make haste the 'hopping'...and introduced 'political buying' instead...I'm not a big fan of Anwar, if you'd ask me...but I am more inclined to see him as the lesser of two evils...If we are really honest, I'm sure you'll agree with me that political integrity is hard to find...In fact, it is almost impossible that the word 'political integrity' can co-exist together...with Anwar, openly ambitious and being so impatient to form the new government last year,
we are now watching him being beaten in his own game...

Any attempt to save the current government has been faced with accusations of treason, revocation of honourary title, arrest and detention by the ISA...reasons being that we should honour and respect the Sultan's decision...if "we were to look at it from the point of royal customs", says a BN representative...*sigh*...I must say, they are completely re-writing the definition of a democratic institution!!!...

In my opinion, BN is on a self-destruction mode...making one mistake after another...if blatant corruption is not enough, slandering and empty promises is added to the pot...PKR has lost the battle...BN looks as if they have won...but I would consider this a victory that has forfeited itself of its honour...they may have come out 'triumphantly' in the battle, without much lost except in the finance department...yet the war has yet to be conquered...that is the trust of the whole nation, who is looking at this situation in disgust...I can't wait for the next election in year 2012...it will most certainly be an interesting watch...
wouldn't you agree??

No comments: