Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Little Shop of Horror...

"TELL ME WHAT YOU KNOW, PRIVATE or join your fallen comrades in the darkness of the abyss!!"...

I stand resolute and silent, determined not to give in to the demands of this wretched animal...I look into the eyes of my team mates, trying to find in them a flicker of strength, as mine was waning...we never really had a chance to know each other to a personal level, really...I mean, we all have our day jobs...I am a musician...and a music teacher...the guy with a swollen jaw and in chronic pain, is a cook down the street where I lived...the lady standing beside me...I see her occasionally, bringing her daughter to the playground in the evenings...and many more...the eyes of my fellow brothers mirrored how I felt...how we are fearful within...wanting to piss our pants...how we were tempted to surrender to the ridiculous expectation of this insane villain to save our neck...but we were here together on a mission...and we will see that it is accomplished...no matter what the cost...

All of us, awaiting our fate with our arched enemy who dragged us to this House of Death...

"WHERE IS THIS I.R.S. BASE??!!...TALK!!!"...he screams at the top of his lungs like a mindless lunatic...going all manic, while all his servants look on from where they were standing...

A slap landed on my face...with a force so strong, I was flung to the left corner of the room...my nose started to bleed profusely...my breath heavy...

"Still quiet, eh??...Well, we have special ways to make people talk..."...

Still silent...

"To the torture chamber!!
"...he roars, so close to my face, I could smell his foul breath...his two assistants grab my arm, shoving me quite roughly towards an intimidating room...I know that room all too well...many of my fellow mates went in...some made it out barely breathing...others, I've yet to know their status...I raise my hand in protest...I am perfectly capable of standing on my own two feet...gathering my courage, I insist on retaining my dignity and walking upright...instead of being dragged on my knees like a whipped cow...I must say, that I thought I felt my heart flutter an irregular rhythm...butterflies in my stomach, thinking what they would do to me...I wish they would gas me, so I could skip a level, and join my fallen brothers in heaven...but no such luck...they know that death would only be to easy...and they needed me to talk...

There it was...that chair...innocent looking to a child's eye...but we all know what happens to the poor soul who entrusts his/her life on it...the light on the ceiling shone upon it, giving it more attention that it deserves...otherwise, the room was cold, musky and dark...yet, I am not deceived...hidden in this room somewhere...were tools/objects with different degree of sharpness...some were drills, meant to puncture a hole in your skull, so that they could enjoy your brain juice...and is that an electric switch with some electrodes on it??...I can't really see clearly...maybe it is...but I sure hope its not...saws of various kinds, some to cut off a part of your body anatomy...others, just enough to make you bleed to death...axes of different size...sledge hammers...swords so long, and shiny...they seem to glint in the dark...and I'd bet a hundred dollars that those barrels standing quietly in the corner were acid cyanide...I felt a chill run down my spine and shuddered...there are blood stains everywhere...undeniable evidence of excruciating torment and butchering of my mates...Even now, I can hear agonizing screams of my brethren in the next room...God bless them all...

And I am next...

Without an invitation, I take my seat on the chair...the assistants takes my hand to each end, and ties them just in case I put up a struggle...or so they wish...I promised myself, that I will never bring shame to my family's name...promised to face the agony without a flinch...I will stare at the fear and evil, dead in the eye...I will have my victory some day...I will not give this Sadist a chance to gloat and cheer in my expense...

My torturer comes in...snickering and grinning away...

"So how is my 'patient' feeling today??"...he sneers mockingly...

Not a squeak from me...

"Are we both ready for some fun?...I know I am!!"...he laughs in glee...more evil sounding than the devil himself...but I keep my silence...

He wears his rubber gloves...and lowers the upper half of my chair so he can take a good look at me...

Be still, my heart...Pain and other emotions can be controlled...you just disconnect it...at least, that is what John Conner's father said in the 1st Terminator movie 20 years ago...

"Why so serious??!!!...Let's put a smile on that face, shall we??..."

This sadistic butcher looks hideous even in the dark...his facial scar that stretches from his right eye to his lower left jaw...his wrinkled and soulless eyes...almost void of emotions...bad breath, black and blue spots on those broken-sized ugly teeth....his pimply moon-crate faces...leaves much to be desired...plus the fact that he was perspiring, left an unpleasant stench in that already unpleasant room...

The assistants holds me down, one with a gun to my head...another, a knife to my throat...The spotlight is burning into my eyes, so I close them...say a prayer...and embrace myself for another session of 'friendly interrogation'...

I hear him start the drill just above my ear...

"Well, well, my friend...shall we start??"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just so you know, my 2nd visit to the dentist wasn't all that bad...beside my nerves being an extreme wreck, my visit was some-what fine...the lady dentist wasn't all that wicked and irrational sounding as I pictured her to be...And she DOES NOT have bad breath...of course not...quite a sweet petite lady, if I may say so myself...the room quite bright and relaxing...the music soothing to the ears...(though quite annoying, as it was on repeat mode the entire time)...

3 fillings, and I was out of there...quite relieved, actually...that discoloration on one of my back tooth have been bugging me long enough...I finally managed to get it off my back today...and the old silver fillings, I had them replaced, so that the colour matches the one of my tooth...it does not stand out so much...the vain-pot that I am...

I am still quite nervous just thinking about the ordeal...I remember the dentist constantly having to remind me to breathe through my nose, instead of my mouth...as my hot breath was creating moisture on her small mirror every time she was working on me...

And to be honest, at that time, I could not even tell for sure...which I was doing...breathing through my mouth...or nose...

But I made it!!!...I didn't cry for my mum as I thought I would...I didn't flinch as much as I would have had years before...and I walked out of that dratted room with not more than slightly wobbly legs...

That is quite an achievement, wouldn't you agree??...*grin*...

I am reminded of something my kindy teacher once told me...

"I can forsee you being a dentist in the future...you have such a talent in causing pain!!"

I rest my case...

Now, if I could only summon my courage that easily...to see my hair-dresser for a new hair-cut...not so soon, though...I need to recover from my recent experience...

Stay tuned!!

2 comments:

Philip said...

Great, great, great! To tell you the honest truth, I'm also fearful of going to the dentist, but go I did, to have a root canal done. And it actually wasn't as bad as I imagined it to be. You can read about it in my blog.

But your story was brilliant. At first I thought you were describing another one of your dreams again. Never would I have thought it was a trip to the dentist!

That was a nice post, Emily.

Lessajinomoto said...

Haha...thanks, Phillip!!...

I did try to make the story comrade-like as possible...but I was extremely lacking in 'soldier' language...hence, it flopped...*grin*...

But an attempt nonetheless...

It was an image that went through my mind, though...while the dentist was doing her job...my imagination takes me too high a height at times...

Thanks for your encouragement...I read about your trip to the dentist...I do not know exactly how a root canal is operated...but I sure hope it won't be happening to me anytime soon!!!...

Do take care...