Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My teacher taught me...

There was this dog, that was wandering outside of my house...well, there are dogs aplenty in the neighbourhood...the security guards in the guard house keeps them for company...but this dog caught my attention today...

It didn't look like much...a brown bitch...not of any special or famous breed...you can see that it wasn't in the healthiest condition...for one, it could sure use a bathe, and scrub for ticks...secondly, that wound on her shoulder, needs some attending to, though she doesn't seem to care...obviously, she got into a fight of some sort with her own kind...

She was scrambling through my neighbour's garbage today...looking for some food, I suspect...but its funny, though...the security guards here do feed them...not all the time, of course...but the stray dogs here rarely goes through any of our garbage...not in my street anyway...

I saw her, on my way out to collect some stuff from my car...she perked up at me...ears twitching, eyes alert...she didn't growl or anything...just checked me out for a moment...and went about her business while still keeping an eye on me...

Just as I was coming back, she scrambled off, with what I thought was food of some kind...I wondered if she was bringing her food to her young pups...I knew she gave birth to a few, just less than a month ago...I ran after her...I wanted to have a closer look at those cute pups...I have always watched them from a distance, playing while their mother was keeping a sharp look out for them...

I followed the dog, into the back of a house...true enough, I saw her young pups...but I saw more than that too...I saw two young kittens...who couldn't be more than a month old as well...the little kitten's mum must have gotten lost or something...probably ran over, which is the most common possibility...

The young pups rushed to their mother...cheekily pushing each other away, in their attempt to reach their food...I noticed that the kittens were no match for them...and they stood alone...completely abandoned for a while...

I then saw one of the most noble act, that will probably stay in my memory for a long time...the mother dog, dragged the plastic full of food scrapings, and placed them in front of the little kitties...obviously inviting the hungry ones to eat...

I stood there for a while...in both admiration...and humbleness...admiration, for the mother dog, who has chosen to care for the kittens, as her own...humbleness, watching her ignoring the fact that she already has so many mouth to feed...or the fact that she being a dog, and they, a cat...making them worlds apart...a mother's love, as Socrates has said...knows no bounds...

Makes me wonder why at times...we, the human race...are not able to accept one another as we are...

Here we boast, that we are the most intelligent species in the planet...yet, we have failed in providing the most basic need of a being...a need to be loved and accepted...no matter what the skin colour...no matter what the race...

In Malaysia, we have such people of the extreme...just a couple of days back, our newly chosen Deputy Prime Minister; Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin has commented that the Chinese community has betrayed the government, by not appreciating the government's effort in building them vernacular school...and therefore are to be blamed for the fall-out from the tri-election this early April...when most of the Chinese votes fell to the opposition party...

This, I'll say...please...Enough of these racist remarks...Malaysia is made out of three main races and more...the Malays, Chinese and the Indians...without Malays; there won't be a Malaysia...but on the other hand, if Chinese or Indians are missing from the context, Malaysia would not have existed either...so quit barking up the tree, and get to work, will ya??...

If a stray dog I met today, could show a little kindness and love to another different being...why can't we do the same, to our own people??...

Man, sometimes I do wish that aliens would attempt to take over our planet Earth or a disaster of that equivalent..I am sure, we will then see the whole world unite together as one, regardless of race and skin colour, fighting for our rights to be free...

No comments: