Sunday, November 30, 2008

Living an Instant Life...

It has been a while, since I've last taken slow-paced walking steps...observed the drama around me for a while...sat down to gather my thoughts, etc...I'd never thought I'd be swallowed whole, by the demands of my work...constantly worrying and being kept awake by the countless calls and decisions that I've yet to make...

Living the fast paced life...it just hit me, that despite all my complaints about how life is sometimes being unfair...I realized that I actually do have quite a good one...blessings I've yet to count; a roof over my head, electricity and air-con at my expense, a car to drive (as old as it may be...its a manual...but I LOVE manual cars...)...a music degree...and best of all...no ARRANGED MARRIAGES!!!...

Besides, I realized that we live in a completely fool-proof world...Instant everything... Just a while ago, out of curiosity, I decided to google up the word "INSTANT", just so to see what kind of instant stuffs we have...and believe it or not...I just realized that there is such a thing as Instant Blogging!!...

Yea, no kidding...now, keeping a blog no longer requires brain-juices nor any effort to share!!...In that link, you can instantly generate another blog post, until you find one that satisfies you...following that, you just copy and paste!!!...no copyrights, whatsoever!!!...start a blog without breakin' a sweat...

I mean, how much more lazier can we homo sapiens be???...we invent cars that winds down windows for us, starts the engine, auto-switching gears (man, I can go on and on with this...)...its idiot proof too...completed with air-bags, auto-lock systems, electronic stability controls, tire-pressure monitors for the dummies...take all these technologies away, and our death rates will go up by a 200%....and that is probably an under-estimation...

Instant noodles, instant photo-printing, fast food, instant cash withdrawals...I'd be honest with you...without these unhealthy yet "good" technology, I would not have survived this long...imagine a world without microwaves, I'd be forced to learn how to cook...I'd be doomed to spend eternity in the kitchen, churning butter and ice-creams...wringing my blessed hands sore...chair with rollers, so you save yourself the trouble of walking 3 steps forward and back...damn it, you don't even have to be a whiz kid to handle a camera!!!...completely moron-proof, it even has a blardy hand stabilizer for the sorry unstabilized hands!!...

Many things that required skills before, are now enjoyed by many...to a certain extend, I feel the somehow, in exchange for technology, the art is lost...there holds no more value, in culinary skills...driving...photography... Well, I can't complaint, can I?...I am very much a butter finger myself when it comes to photography...I cheat a lot, and the photos you see in my photo collection are most probably touch-ups, ah...thanks to Photoshop Adobe...

I no longer remember how to write an official letter by pen...all the formalities that needed my attention...business languages...heck, even my spelling has gone awry!!!...unlike years before, where I was forced to look up the Oxford Dictionary, Blogspot automatically highlights your spelling mistakes...and grammar too!!!...writing now, has never been easier...

Yup, its an instant world alright...I can imagine, 100 years down the line...we will all be fat obese people, with a travelling space-chair...no longer remembering how it feels, to walk...dance...or even run across green meadows...wait a minute...I am not sure if there will even be a meadow...probably a concrete one...with 3D LCD screen with pictures of it!!!....

Sometimes I wish things weren't so instant after all...then I'm sure we will appreciate every ounce of effort we have to give...we wouldn't take things for granted then...

No comments: