Saturday, November 8, 2008

I had a dream...

Many of my friends say that they do not recall, what they had dreamt the night before...some have even strangely insisted that they do not dream...one of my friends dream in black and white, colour blind, I suppose...I am not sure...

But I, on the other hand, have been able to recall my dreams ever since I could remember...heck, I even remember a dream, I had I was a kid!!!...I was about 6 or 7 years old, I think...

This was my dream then...( I still remember every single detail of it...)

I was walking down a lane, which led me to a cross-road...to my right, the lane was wide and inviting...it led to a nice, gigantic, brightly lit house...I noticed that many couples were walking too...heading towards that mansion...The women were dressed in a Victorian theme...very much elaborated pomegranate patterns and long tight sleeves...and the guys wearing the satin doublet and short cape...really Baroque-ish kind...

On to my left, though...was a very tight and narrow lane...so narrow, that the few people that were crossing it, had to balance, as if on a tightrope...that lane wasn't as brightly lit...and seemed quiet...

I walked to the mansion, all curious about what all the fuss was about...I wasn't permitted entry, so I could only look in, through the windows...and there was music, and people dancing...drinking and merry-making...

But somehow a sense of uneasiness crept inside me, and into my bones...there was something eerie about it, but yet I could not put my finger on it...I looked up to the ceiling inside...big florescent light bulbs hanging there...when suddenly, I noticed that there was something dirt-like that was inside those glass bulbs shifting ever so slightly...I can't explain how I knew...but I knew in my heart that those were some mega eye-balls observing the people dancing below...and I desperately tried to stop the people from entering the mansion...

Obviously, I failed...they ignored me, thinking I was some kid with disillusions...or unclear state of mind...there were screams behind me following that...and a state of darkness...I looked behind and realized that the mansion has changed into a red dragon (have been reading too many fairy-tales, I think)...people tried to run, but they were all gobbed up by that gigantic dragon...and as for those who were already in the "mansion"...were beyond rescue...I was left alone...

For one reason or another, the dragon did not devour me as I would have expected...I headed for the narrow road...the dragon following behind closely...trying to blow me off the road...(there wasn't any grass or whatsoever...don't ask me why...I can't make logic of my dreams at times...actually, all the time!!)...

Then I woke up....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15 years and more now...and I am still wondering what is the significance of it all...that led me to remember this specific dream so clearly...hmmmmmmm

No comments: