Friday, April 6, 2007

See If You can Interprete this, Sigmund Freud!!

I've never been a great fan of Sigmund Freud...I'm no psychologist...but I do read many of his books and his theories...especially his works on "Interpretation of Dreams"....but I find that I do not agree with many of his hypothesis...I have the privilege of having a major psychology lecturer as my house mate...and in my many discussions and debates with him, I have come to know that he is an avid fan of Freud buddy here....My house mate, James...has always said that we would actually discover more about ourselves, if we were to really understand the underlined meaning of our dreams...thus, I've decided to take up the challenge of keeping a one week journal of my dreams....starting yesterday...but...HAHAHA....*roars with laughter*....lets see if our Freud buddy here can interpret this!!!.....

DAY I - Wednesday (April 5, 2007)

I was at a dinner reunion in an opened restaurant....at night...my external family were all there...my brothers, my parents...my Aunt Mary and Uncle Liam, who came all the way from Aussie...Uncle Joseph from China...a handful of my cousins...and of course...my nagging grandma....

Oh, before that, you've got to know that I've an astronomy enthusiasts...I love watching stars...the beauty of these balls of gas...against the dark blue sky...exhilarating...

Well, anyway...during this dinner, I looked up to the sky...looking out for stars...it was a clear evening...no clouds at sight...well, probably a couple...I can't recall clearly...I was carrying my brother, Esmond, in my arms...*don't ask me how I did that....I myself can't even answer that question...my brother is already 16 YEARS OLD!!!*....but, yes...I was carrying him in my arms....like anyone would carry a kid..and I looked up at the moon...it was full moon...

Here comes a hilarious part....as I looked up, staring at the moon....I saw...a group of penguins....flying....yup...thats it...flying....as if the idea of a flying penguin is not comical enough....as we all know...penguin belongs to the group of birds which DO NOT fly.....but....any doink would know that there are no penguins to be found in a country such as Malaysia!!...North Pole and South Pole...well...depending on what kind of penguins we are talking about....but in Malaysia??!!...(if anyone is not aware of the existence of Malaysia, it is right smack on the equator, having Thailand, Indonesia and Singapore as our neighbor countries)....and as we know, temperatures along the equator line are high all year round...yup...a hot and humid country....penguins existing there...well...that is just un-thought of, wouldn't you agree?....

So you think that is funny enough?....no??....oh, that is because I forgot to add another detail....I forgot to mention that these 'flying penguins' so-called, were flying in a V pattern...like the geese would usually do, when they are migrating south to escape winter....and they were flying...just in front and across the moon in a horizontal manner...like our dear Santa Claus would, with his little reindeers...the ones we watch on telly over Christmas, anyway...

So, in summary...if nobody bothered to read what I've shared above, my dream was....I was carrying my 16 year old brother in my arms(kid's way)...looking up at the moon, I saw penguins in Malaysia, of all places...flying in a V formation...

In my dreams, there were many groups of penguins flying.......there was a group that was flying low, and nearby where we were eating...one penguin...the leader of the formation, I presume, looked to my direction and waved, as if to say hi....That was when I knew....I've lost it...I've literally lost my mind...I, hereby, officially declare that I'm now certified as 'insane'....the stress of my final exams and projects...have managed to penetrate through...and enter my la-la land as well...*curse them!!*...can't even sleep in peace...

When the penguin waved to say hi, the customers of that restaurant exclaimed in excitement....and amazement, I guess...and all of a sudden, my father got upset...the next thing I knew, I found myself in another restaurant....in a closed one this time...then I asked my dad...as to why the change of location...my dad got into a rage, and shouted that I wasn't paying attention in eating...my mind went bogus..."I thought we were watching penguins fly...and now, suddenly my dad went mad..."....

Then I woke up...too much to take for a night, I think....

So, this one is for you, Mr Freud...it doesn't match the Anal Stage Theory...nor Phallic Stage...Genital Stage...nor any other stages that I've come across when reading your works....no alleys...nor motor/speed cars...nor images of falling...just birds...penguins, to be exact...flying penguins...in a V formation....now, what can you say to that??...any takers??

No comments: