Friday, February 27, 2009

A confession...finally...

Just a short post before heading to the gym...

This post came to my attention yesterday night...and I nearly fell out of my chair reading it...

'TEACHERS GOING MAD TEACHING SUBJECTS IN ENGLISH, SAYS REP'
- theStar newspaper

Excuse me, but at this moment, while our teachers are 'going mad', I am sure the parents of the future generation are already mad, so are our students...and I stand next in line...

Before I continue, do let me state clearly, that I am aware that I do have errors aplenty when it comes to usage of English grammar and wat-nots...To be completely honest, I never learned grammar back in school...I have no clue as to how adjective works, how verbs and nouns co-join to form a beautiful sentence, what are the difference between conjunctions and prepositions, etc...

I learned English through a lot of reading in the past...haha...I still remember, that as a child, while being potty-trained, my dad would stack up books after books for me to read...I ended up sitting in the freakin' potty for 3 hours!!...had a nice red circle mark on my bottom, and couldn't move for a while after that...lack of blood circulating my butt...*grin*...

So excuse me for all grammatical errors in my posts...but coming back to this issue...

How in the world, did teachers without a decent command of English, get hired to teach English subjects in the first place??...(I bet its just to fill the quota system...)

This really brings out the worse in me...why would our government be willing to gamble with our children's future, by offering this people jobs of this sort?...I feel as if we are bringing our future back to pre-historic years (excuse my extremism)...instead of bringing them a foot forward...tying a slab of concrete on the students' leg, pushing them of the boat and into the sea...waving goodbye while watching them sink...

It saddens me to see that it has become an accepted trend nowadays...for people to join the teaching profession...not out of passion...but due to lack of choice...some who is looking for an easy way out...some looking for a stable salary cum benefits from the government...

Teacher who were once seen as a beacon of light...deserving respect of the highest order...have dropped so many levels, thanks to uncommitted people of sorts...There are undeniably, many gems among the rocks...but they are now a rare find...and difficult to come across...

This is definitely a mortification and chagrin of our Malaysian Education system...to want to abolish teaching subjects in English, just because many of our teachers are unable to be proficient in English...and "it does not bring any success, thus its a loss for Malays"...some have even lowered the minimum passing mark of the subject, "to ensure a rosy picture is painted of the move"...*sigh*...the very words of our politicians...such mentality...

Oh, damn...I just got sparked off again...in times like these, I feel that no words came describe my feelings than a license to curse...why the h*ll would we want to look good in statistics...when the truth is, we all suck??!!...does it secure us a prominent career in future??...will it gain us the respect that we so hunger?...will our self-confidence be boosted up or torn down??...what the teachers and the government care about, are the good images on the outside...but I bet they have never given much thought about the substances on the inside...what quality of education are we providing our future generation??...

These scumbags of a government...still hiding behind a beautiful, yet worned out picture...those cowards...It really feels as if they have not matured and nor gone through puberty at all...I would understand if little children were to sweep issues underneath the carpet, to avoid being scolded by papa...but the people whom we trust to run the country, has got chicken guts to admit that somewhere in their education...something went wrong...is downright shameful...

I have to head for the gym now...with the fire fuming within me (not for the right reasons, though), its going to be a good workout for sure...

No comments: