Friday, January 1, 2010

0012 HRS, 2010

It was a full moon against the clear blue sky...colourful fireworks light up the night sky welcoming the new year...while the wind was quite still, cool breeze stroked my face as I was playing on a swing in a playground nearby...It feels good to be a kid once more...even if it was just mere 5 minutes...the firework display was on going around my neighbourhood...some, you know were lavishly spend...while others were kept simple and nice...

Kong-Ming lanterns (or sky lanterns as the Westerners would call it) were lit up and was set free to start its journey towards heaven...A traditional act of the Chinese following the story of the Three Kingdoms, these red silk lanterns held wishes of the desperate, the needy and the sincere-heart...praying for their loved-ones, or giving thanks for joyful events...others choose to believe that they are sending away their problems and worries in a dignified manner...either way, it was really beautiful watching them ascend towards the dark sky...completely serene and undisturbed...

Besides that, nothing seems to have changed much...My Utorrent is currently still at 3.6kB/s download...I don't expect it to go any faster than that these few days but that's alright...I am trying to start my year with more patience and perseverance...I have no intention of loosing my will to a dumb-arse Internet line, which I pay RM90/month for...which is quite expensive, even if you were to compare it to other countries...

The stupid credit card tax has not been waived...I still feel it is crackers to have to pay RM50 tax for a credit card...to fund a penniless government and their penthouse...politicians here are still dealing the racial cards...and the new electricity tariff will be announced soon...and on the first page of TheStar newspaper, in the excitement of greeting year 2010...there will be an increase price in sugar...surprises never ceases, does it?...

Malaysia has not snowed yet...still hot and humid as usual...*BAH!!*...Barbaric punk-like nerds still exist, in fact...they are still wading their way into an already crammed commuter...without complete disregard to the fact that there are people who needs to make an exit, in order that there would be room to accommodate them...I am still writing my year 2010 plans with scrape marks (an obvious error on my part, since I've dated them all as "2009" when it was suppose to be "2010")...my feet...my feet...has yet to grow an inch...still size 3, the last time I measured...*sigh*...

My heart is of course, slightly hopeful...a new year, a brand new start...and hopefully better politics...wait, did I hear one of my many cranial nerves says..."HAH, FAT CHANCE!!"?????

No comments: