Sunday, February 17, 2008

On Shopping...

I know that I've never managed to keep my loathe and dislike for shopping in my previous post...but I now have something to confess...I lied...well..sort of...

I love shopping...but for books only...in fact, I'd rather go through shelves of books...then rummage my fingers through a clothing rack...

But do allow me to enlist why...

1. Annoying sales people...

"Miss...this looks SO a-ma-zing on you!!!...and you have great legs...and the skirt would just fit you perfectly...and you know what would make it better??...a set of high heels" (Note : I took the liberty of translating it from Cantonese to English and correcting some grammar for easy reading)

Breaking into annoying mono-syllables, emphasizing every word to death...she acted as if a red shirt with white polka dots was the most amazing article of clothing ever mass produced...as if the idea of this pathetic fashion designer was a work of a genius...but I chose to disregard the fact that she was merely complimenting me in a sheer attempt to make money...muttered a "thank you but no thanks"...changed into my own shabby clothes...and walked out of the store...no shirt, skirt nor high heels...

Besides, I didn't appreciate that she was tagging along with me EVERYWHERE I WENT...Yes, thank you very much for the undivided yet unwanted attention...but I still value my privacy...I don't think that self-serving comments on every itsy bitsy act that I do was helpful at all...in fact, I feel that there is an annoying fly around me, that refuses to leave me alone...I've got nothing against sales people...but please, with all due respect, leave me alone...sometimes, I feel insulted that you are hanging on my tail all the time...as if I am a suspect for shoplifting or something...just hang around the store...and I will call you when I need you...I don't need someone sticking to me like a leech all the time, especially in clothes and shoe shopping...all these shopping is a painful process...and is best suffered in private...

2. Crowd...

Here, I've got to admit, I am referring to ladies as a whole rather than guys...I love guys when it comes to shopping...in my observation, when guys walk up to a pile of neatly folded clothes...they would usually pause for a while, in contemplation...considering the products that are placed before them...they usually take the 'look but do not touch yet' approach...and will only mess with the pile if and ONLY IF, they think that the clothing is worth their hard earned money...and most fantastic thing about guys is that most of them will attempt to smoothen the pile once they are done, so that it looks untouched...

But go take a look at the ladies section...there goes a picture of land of mass destruction...women turns from their petite-and-ever-so-fragile act...to horrible beasts from hell...they, will take a perfect pile of folded shirts...go through the ENTIRE sack of clothings, RIP one out from beneath twenty shirts (and leaving the rest of them in a sorry state of disorder)...and hold it against her body...decides the shirt is not her taste after all...throw the shirt back in with the mess...and repeats the circle for at least twenty times before leaving the store with one/two clothings...

Makes me wonder at times...so the shirt on the top pile, may not necessarily be her size...but the shirt on top IS identical in pattern to all the other shirts beneath it...Why mess up the whole stack unless you REALLY want that shirt on the bottom??...

3. The frustration...

Oh the joys of shopping...where do I start...I think I've mentioned it before...shopping for shoes, is ALMOST impossible...unless I want a KIKI-LALA imprinted on the soles of my shoe...shopping for clothes are the worst...there was a time, when I was much thinner...and so was my bust...and shirts just didn't highlight my cleavage or whatsoever...so nothing suited me...not to mention that I am completely colour blind when it comes to clothes matching...and also, I was never up to date with the latest fashion...

Now, that I've been more 'prosperous' sideways and on my bust...most of the clothes that I try on just makes me look plump...well, not the black ones...but I've got enough black shirts in my wardrobe, thank you very much...

You know...its painful to be rejected all the time...but I've received so many rejections, I thought I should be used to it by now...

No comments: